When the temperature starts to dip and the holidays are around the corner, replacing the furnace is the last thing you want to hear. Set aside the deep sighs and moments of dread because the Louisville HVAC experts from Breckenridge Heating & Cooling can take care of everything for you. Our experts in Louisville, KY furnace installation can help you select a system that will work even better for your home with higher efficiency and more reliable equipment than ever before.
Types of Heating Systems
The most popular type of Louisville heating system is a gas furnace. These have low operational costs, which makes them the most common. However, we also service electric or oil furnaces where natural gas is not an option. Other alternative heating systems are heat pumps, which is basically an air conditioning unit working in reverse, or a boiler system for radiant heating. Regardless of the system used in your home, our expert technicians have the knowledge and experience to repair or replace your Louisville home heating system.
To Repair Or Replace Your Heating System?
Replacing the HVAC system is an investment, but it may pay you back in the long run when compared to putting money into frequently repairs of an outdated heater.
1. Safety First: Always consider safety first when determining whether to repair or replace. If your unit has a cracked heat exchanger, this can lead to carbon monoxide leak that is not worth the risk. The first priority is to keep yourself and your family safe.
2. Age: A newer unit can be repaired, but a unit more than a decade old is probably reaching its lifespan and is ready to be replaced. If you choose to use an old heating unit, you can only expect seasonal repairs to get more and more expensive.
3. Costs: As a rule of thumb, we recommend installing a new unit if the cost of repairs are more than a third of the cost of replacement.
4. Energy Efficiency Laws: Currently, all states are required to use equipment with a minimum Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 80 percent. If your equipment does not meet this standard, it may be need to be replaced in order to be compliant with federal law.
Louisville Furnace Installation
Our experts in Louisville heating system installation and replacement work with each customer to help select the system that works best for your home. At Breckinridge Heating & Cooling, we can guide you through the process of selecting a heating system, providing all the information you’ll need to make the best choice for your family and your budget. Once you’ve made your choice, we will install your new heating system to meet the manufacturer’s standards to ensure maximum efficiency.
Benefits of Replacing Your Furnace
Although there is a significant cost of installing a new furnace, you will experience profound savings in other areas of your home.
1. Utility rates: You may be surprised how much money you can save on utility bills by replacing an old unit. Today’s units are designed to be more energy efficient and cost-effective than older models.
2. Comfort: The features of a new efficient heating system will perform better than your old model. If you have been living with an outdated machine for several years, prepare to feel comfort like never before.
3. Environmentally friendly: A high-efficiency furnace uses less fuel consumption and helps to conserve fossil fuels while giving off fewer emissions.
If you are in need of a new furnace installation or an entire remodel of your heating system, call Breckenridge Heating & Cooling to get expert help 24 hours a day. Our technicians will work with you anywhere in the Louisville, KY area to find you the best system for your home and your budget.